What You Will Learn In This Episode
In this episode, Belinda Pruyne shares the secret to making more money by being clear about your core values. She helps us understand how to stand up for what is right instead of being liked. Belinda shares her story of how she built a successful business while going through tremendous loss. She reveals the secret to seeking what we truly desire instead of other people’s version of success.
What I loved About This Interview
I loved listening to Belinda talk about how to step outside our comfort zone and fear of other people’s opinions to create the life we want. Her tremendous expertise in helping people get clear on their core values and how to structure a business based on them was inspiring. I really appreciated Belinda’s willingness to be vulnerable and share the losses she has gone through and how she dealt with this loss while building her business.
Who is Belinda?
Belinda, an Executive Leadership Advisor & Business Growth Strategist blends solid management expertise with the visionary leadership principles of BIG Picture Leaders to transform emerging executives, small business owners, and their teams from smart tacticians into trusted, respected, and highly sought after leaders.
Belinda’s 25+ years in marketing, most recently as an Executive Vice President Global Director of Creative Management, leading global initiatives in one of the top advertising agencies around the world, combined with her personal experience as a small business
owner leading her team at Business Innovation Group (BIG), gives her a unique and respected perspective on the challenges that executives and small business owners face around the globe today.
Belinda’s Generous Gift
These are questions that I asked Belinda outside our interview. You are going to love her answers!
What is 1 thing you believe every woman entrepreneur should know?
- Get clear on what it is you really want to do vs think you should do…and then do it.
- Don’t be concerned with what has been done before, place your focus on what it is you want to do.
- Don’t wait for everything to be perfect – because that will never happen and only hold you back.
When is a time in your life when you went through a challenge or felt like giving up?
When I was managing my parent’s health care and daily needs from a thousand miles away, while healing my broken heart, speaking across the country, and growing my business.
How did you overcome this?
By getting clear on:
- What really mattered most.
- What had to be done and what was not necessary by:
- Asking for help.
- Leaning on my friends.
What did you learn from it?
- How to say no.
- How to up-level my self-care with little extra time, energy, and resources.
- What mattered most to me.
What is the one area of life or business you are an expert in?
- Helping women get clear on all the things that have to be in their business or career in order for them to be happy, fulfilled, and successful…then I attach that to a tangible business outcome.
- Thus, allowing them to understand the full value of themselves and what they have to offer.
- So they can make more money and have more fun doing it!
- AKA – become a highly recognized, respected and rewarded leader – the one that others’ follow and line up at the door to work with, buy from, or partner with.
What is one thing you want to share about this that will make all the difference for women?
When the CEO of the last company I worked for came into my office and how that exchange helped me understand where my greatest place of value is. That conversation changed the way I saw and valued myself and gave me greater confidence in all I do.
What is one thing that you wish someone told you that you had to learn the hard way?
That when you start a business:
- Your confidence will be dashed.
- You will doubt yourself and your abilities.
- You will make all kinds of mistakes in the service of finding your way AND that’s ok!!! It is not a statement of your ability or worth.
You are right on track. Keep going, things will get clearer.
Please tell me about your family. What is one of the biggest challenges you have faced with balancing work, family, and taking care of yourself?
When I was caring for my parents and growing my business.
What did you learn from this challenge?
- That I had to care for me first or I had no ability to care for anyone else.
- How to set boundaries.
- What was really important for me to do and what was a distraction.
- How to manage my time and energy.
- How to ask for help.
What helps you balance these roles now?
- I don’t try to do it all alone.
- I honor my boundaries.
- I remain focused on all that really matters to me and let the rest go.
What is one resource that you love (a book, app, service)?
- The Go-Giver series by Bob Burg and John David Mann.
- Talk Triggers by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin.
If you have written books or have a blog, what are the titles and where can I find them?
My book will be ready toward the end of the year.
How to Connect with Belinda:
Make Sure You Don’t Miss Out!
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
It would mean so much to me!
Also, while you are subscribing please don’t forget to leave us a review (if it’s your first time leaving a review, be sure to use a unique nickname so Apple saves it)! That would mean the world to us and help other Women find this life-changing message! Just click here to get to the podcast, open up iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, “Write a Review”, and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
My Free Gift For You!
Thanks for listening to My Fire Within Radio. If you are ready to get YOUR guilt-free plan to help you unlock your purpose, profits, & passion go to myfirewithin.com/webclass.
I did this FREE web class for YOU… The woman who does not want to be stuck in the fairytale trap! The fairytale trap is a silent thief that will rob your potential before you even start.
To Learn More go to myfirewithin.com/webclass right now!
Until next time, let your fire light up the world!